Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Essay Reflection- Julius Caesar and Alchemist

Ideas and Content

For my essays, I have improved from my older essay which was the alchemist. Now I know how to choose better quotes and ideas. I chose quotes that were appropriate ideas and content. Some of the quotes that I chose from before are now better. Such as before I chose “Well then I'll be a shepherd!” Which was not really important but now I chose some quotes that are better than before. Such as the quote about how Julius Caesar worked on before. I include interesting and relevent details in the new julius Caesar essay while my old alchemist essay I was not that great in.I can improve my writing by asking for more help from the teacher. Such as asking if my quotes are relevant to the writing.


First in the alchemist I had an ok interesting hook to grab my reader's attention. I used a quote that was important and unique to start with. My thesis statement was a bit ok too. It clears up the essay by a bit because I talked about most of what i am about to say in the essay. My body paragraphs did not really all begin with clear topic sentenses. Sometimes I just gave in the quote and did not describe it really well. All in all my alchemist organization was ok but I need to work on describing the quotes and summarizing my conclusions better.

Personal Growth

* Do you note any improvement between your Alchemist essay and your Julius Caesar essay? Why or why not?

Yes a bit more improvement in some areas. I improved on finding some right quotes and talking about it. But I need to be more organized and have less grammer mistakes. My piece of writing also does not flow that well. So I would need to improve on that. I worked on planning out the Alchemist essay but it was not enough. Next time I need to ask the teacher for more help.


SLR Reflection

* Choose one SLR and discuss how you access this SLR when crafting an essay.

Reasoning critically.
I reasoned critically in these two pieces of essay. Because I had build it up from scratch and plan out what I am going to do for each paragraphs.


Upon completion, upload an interesting image that reflects the content of your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment